Thread: Fallout on Prime post-release thread

1. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Fallout on Prime post-release thread

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
    Spoiler: Larger Canon Choices
    Show
    As I think the destruction of the NCR is just boring and frankly repetitive storytelling. You've already got the Ghoul and a bunch of other characters, both in and outside this series who are survivors of the fall of civilization, you don't have to do the same thing again to get some more.
    Show
    I also found the idea that the NCR represented a threat to the grand conspiracy and thus had to be destroyed is a less interesting way to push it than the sort of fracturing under the weight of it's own expansionism that New Vegas was setting up. I thought it was frustrating when Bethesda kept saying "well, someone was rebuilding into a functioning state but the big bad [institute/scorchbeasts] destroyed them so it's still just wasteland" about factions I hadn't met yet, pulling that stunt on a faction with three games of build-up feels so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ecarden View Post
    Show
    Additionally, I think having a more definitive Big Bad for the entire franchise, which is what Vault-Tec is now, is just a bad idea. Fallout works a lot better as a Warhammeresque setting than as a Star Warsesque story, in my opinion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's also kind of repetitive, the Enclave already were the brains behind Vault-Tec that survived into the Wasteland era and tried to kill everyone.

This show is not convincing me that it should have been a sequel rather than retelling the story of the first game forward in a new medium.
    Last edited by Errorname; 2024-04-13 at 05:22 PM.