Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Nah, I just think I'm funny. I cropped the job title and those specific requirements because I was amused that, because USAJobs is completely standardized, the job of "we put you on a space station for six months or more, and you literally travel across the entire globe 17 times every hour" had to put no telework, no remote work, and extensive travel in the requirements.

ETA: to completely dissect the frog, the ISS travels about 250mi/400km above the earth, making its circumference 26,440mi/42,600km, at 16 (not 17, i misremembered) orbits a day makes 423,040mi/681,600km per day. So the job requires you to "travel" seventy-six million miles/one hundred and twenty-two million kilometers over a standard six month assignment. Not counting the trips to the launch site, from earth to the station, from the station back to earth, and from the landing site to the space center, because those aren't even enough to be rounding errors here.

"Extensive travel" indeed.
I think you're funny.

That is a funny example of bureaucracy. Though I'm wondering if they're counting the ISS's orbit as part of the extensive travel. Cuz we don't consider the Earth's orbit as travelling.