1. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Small Wager – A Practical Guide to Evil

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    I will second that. If I was the new wolf and won, I would feel like I didn’t earn the victory. If I was the new wolf and lost, I would feel even worse for getting culted by a bastard mechanic at the 11th hour to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And if I was town, I would feel like this was just moving the goalposts to prolong a game that was basically over.

The fact that it’s random is just also… man, that is frustrating. There won’t be much in the way town can do to solve either, given that everyone has claimed and has shared parts of their powers.

We have left in the game:

1) flat_footed
    2) 3SecondCultist
    3) LetsGetKraken
    4) Xihirli
    5) Caedorus

Am I missing anybody? Because if the wolf gets an NK tonight, we’re down to 4 players, (potentially 2 townies, 1 wolf, and 1 neutral who seems very okay with wolfsiding). That’s LYLO.
    Merel is still alive, I believe. So not quite. Caedorus might also townside, who knows. Or cease to exist once he wins. Math is tough.

I think it largely depends on how the night attack works.

The bright side is that we can basically ignore all non-claim parts of the thread before the start of today. I don't think Book would put four wolves, three neutrals, and an only nominally predictable culting mechanic in a game with thirteen players, even if we do have some good powers. So we can safely assume that everyone was town, and telling the truth about their abilities (still not sure what happened with Xihirli tbh but this generally holds up).
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-15 at 03:48 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony