Quote Originally Posted by Zancloufer View Post
Is there any reason a Duskblade cannot cast rays or other ranged touch attack spells via their arcane channeling? The actual ability in question says;
Spoiler
Show
. . . you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you known . . .

The thing is, it doesn't specify if it means a spell with Touch Range, a spell that makes a Touch Attack or both. All ray spells are considered touch attacks, and much like Touch range spells require an attack roll vs the target's Touch AC and can crit on a 20 (or 19-20 with the Imp Crit Feat). The only difference is touch range spells are a melee touch attack and rays are a ranged touch attack.

Suppose there are a few weird cases like Chill Touch where they just say make a touch attack and aren't called out for being touch attacks, though I think that is because they buff your hand and you can discharge the attack as a separate action. I suppose if we wanted to be really petty about RAW if you say a Duskblade can channel Chill Touch they can't channel Touch of Idiocy, and vice versa.
Touch spells are specifically spells with a range of touch. You can find the term in the glossary.

The only reason the duskblade's list is so small is because it's literally just core + PHBII. When you actually look at the list of available arcane spells between the two, there aren't a whole lot of touch spells. Off the top of my head corrosive grasp, parching touch, and storm touch could easily be added to the spell list to help fill out the multi-hit touch spells.