1. - Top - End - #1400
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    As long as people can update wikis, the line will always be around.
    There's tons of **** that isn't in the 10th Ed. Codecies, but still remains on wikis to this day.
    Custodes can be girls now.
    "No! That's not what it said in the old codex!"
    Even if that is what it said, the old Codex is old, it doesn't matter anymore.
    "Nu-uh! The old stuff is still in the lore, everyone still knows it!"
    What makes you think the old lore matters? 35 years ago, there were no Primarchs, or Tyranids, and the Ultramarines Chief Librarian was Half-Eldar, is that what we're still doing?
    "Of course it matters, but it's been added to over the last 35 years, that's all!"
    So adding to the lore is perfectly fine, just like they have added female Custodes?
    "That's not adding something new, that's changing what it used to be!"
    So adding something isn't the same as changing it? And adding Tyranids retroactively is perfectly fine but adding girls isn't because...?
    "They... I..."
    Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that this isn't really about the game at all.

Obviously not aimed at CG, but pretty much a demonstration of the 'discourse' I have seen on Twitter. Which, incidentally, is pretty much the only place I have seen where people have a problem with this. F'in weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear
    I just saw the upcoming Stormcast Reclusian...That's really close to what I'm looking for. I can definitely make something work with that model and some Bladeguard parts.
    Definitely a good axe and cape, and maybe you can fill in the chainmail pauldron with green stuff to look more dense. With new legs and maybe a tabard, I can see it work just fine. Still not a fan of the shield, too obviously medieval/fantasy but that's just a matter of taste easily resolved.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2024-04-16 at 08:00 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation