Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
There is also Kanan Jarrus and Cal Kestis.
True, I was tunnel-visioning in on Clone Wars, but you're right, and they both exhibit the same behaviour. Yeah, this is definitely a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
Both were deeply traumatised by the war and it affected them severely even as adults. It makes sense too. The Jedi are emotionally detached by design and they see little wrong with sending children into warzones or giving them command over hundreds of clone troopers.
A more sympathetic reading is that wartime pressure and the need to mobilize as many Jedi as possible led to lower teaching standards and students who weren't given the guidance necessary to be able to function as Jedi, but still not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Don't know how you qualify "best" here, but i wouldn't call Ahsoka the best outcome.
She's still alive, which counts for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaji View Post
I feel like this is an unfair and impossible standard though. The reality is that there was no possible way to train Anakin as a Jedi while "including him" in the same experience that all the other Jedi had. He was 9 when they started his training (probably closer to 10 by the time things started formally). They did not have access to a convenient time machine to go back to when he was a toddler and start his training. They had to start him, at the age he was. Which meant the only thing it can mean: Special one on one training.
Yeah, Anakin couldn't have the same training as the rest of the Jedi. Now, I think there is some very good criticism we could make of an order which is only capable of instilling it's beliefs into people if it abducts and indoctrinates them at a very young age. That the Jedi get completely short circuited trying to guide someone through such unusual questions as "Homesick" and "Horny" do not speak well to them as an institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
His victories in the Clone War were irrelevant - the war was a sham, so victories in the war did not save anyone.
He objectively does save the lives of people who would have otherwise died.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
I think I'd like a little more specificity. Teacher here is overly broad. One might be good at teaching a sport but be a poor teacher elsewhere, or one might be excellent at teaching undergraduate students but useless at teaching middle-schoolers. I think Anakin was a very good combat instructor. He was obviously also a pretty good combatant. Just needed some work on impulse control, it seems.
Ahsoka also spent a lot of time with Obi-Wan and Plo Koon, who are also positive influences and probably more to credit for any understanding she has of the philosophy side.