1. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I haven't paid a lot of attention to it, but the few sources I have seen may have used the word "unplayable".
    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I watched Auspex Tactics and he went through and most of it was a few army rules got removed or weakened, the detachments a little lacklustre or poorly planned, and most critically their resistance to Devastating Wounds was removed. It generally seemed like a pretty solid down turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Index Custodes were coming from a place of extreme power, and players never take well to even thoroughly needed debuffs. We shall see.
    For me, the fluff has always been the easiest thing to ignore. Your Dudes has always been a staple of 40K. I like what I like, and I can ignore what I don't like (I can also ignore what you like, too). But I will always concede that what I don't like still exists (...Tor Garadon has the personality of wet cardboard and I had to give him a personality myself).

What actually matters, is the buff/nerf cycle, because that's actually where consumers are intended to spend their money.

I kind of feel like the culture war **** is just a distraction from just how bad the Custodes got nerfed.
    I also kind of feel like anyone talking about the culture war **** doesn't actually play the game.
    If they don't play the game, they weren't buying models anyway.
    **** 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    The Talons, the joint sisters and custodes detachment is probably decent.
    What worries me is that it's just "decent." It's a Detachment that encourages a diverse (in the actual sense of the word) army, and encourages units working together, and the fact that it's a pain in the arse to build and play probably wont be overcome by "It's just decent."

Work together for fun and profit! ...Just kidding. Scratch that idea, it sucks.

Wardens are still the best unit in the book by a good margin.
    "Buy 15 Wardens and call it a day" still strongest army, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Cause right now the people who don't like the nerfs and reworking of the rules are getting lost in the crowd of angry losers.
    IMO; The people who play the game are getting lost in the crowd that don't.

I haven't bought anything since 7th Ed., and now I still wont be buying anything. Take that, GW!

The vast majority of the 40K content I see is simply regurgitated Wiki articles set to backdrops of stolen and AI art.

I've said it before; I think most people who are "into" 40K in 202x are enthusiasts. They like the idea of 40K, but wont actually fork out money for the product.
    ...Something, something, comic books.
    ...Something, something, D&D.

I've said it before; I think GW's best move is likely to pivot to an IP/Licensing warehouse. Something, something, Marvel. Something, something D&D.
    The "Lore" channels (i.e; Regurgitated wiki articles) get significantly more views than the actual gaming channels.
    Ogryn Story by Warrior Tier might just be the best thing I've ever heard.

We know Henry Cavill has a TV show coming.
    We know Henry Cavill likes Custodes.

Female Custodes (by neccessity) massively increases the casting and story choices required for a TV show. If you told me that this was a setup to foreshadow a casting choice for the TV show...I wouldn't bat an eye. Of course it would be. But I'm not saying it is.
    I'm saying...Yeah. No ****. Of course there are female Custodes because who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Some of us used to like Flash Gitz and other silly things. Hell, silly things was why I played Orks.
    The...Silliness...Of Orks is one of the aforementioned things I try to ignore. I see the appeal of purple camouflage. "Orks don't understand human culture." Sure. I get it. You copy something without understanding the meaning behind it. Kultur- Kultural Appropproo- Kultural App- ...We took your stuff.
    But also Snikrot can do a Splinter Cell, and Kommandos exist.

The stupidity of Orks I can't ignore, but thankfully most of the stupidity of Orks exited stage left when it was revealed in 4th Ed., that Orks are essentially Necrons' arch enemy, and for that to be true some of the dumber **** had to be removed. Red Ones don't go faster. There's actually an explanation for that.

There's a disconnect between Orks are silly and fun but also an existential threat to the Galaxy (up to and including having Orks that can 1v1 Primarchs...And win) that I find that most authors are not able to write.

"I'm Kaptain Badrukk and I have the biggest and best guns and I will murder you and take all your stuff to build more guns and better guns. Oh. And I'm gonna do it while wearing this neat hat that I found. I don't know...I just like it."
    I can get behind that.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2024-04-16 at 11:18 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome