View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Sure, he performed the work of a general for three years, as did literally every other Jedi knight. I'm sorry, but claiming he should be promoted for doing the same job everyone else did falls flat for me, unless you want to claim that all Jedi knights should have been made Masters.
    Literally all the Jedi we see doing the same job as Anakin in the Clone Wars are masters. He's given a high-level command and put in charge of some of the most important campaigns of the war working as an equal in rank to sitting members of the council.

I'm not even saying he should be promoted, every reason they give for not wanting to is justified, but the Jedi put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders because he was very good at his job and then denied him the rank and titles associated with those responsibilities, of course he sees that as a snub.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I can't tell if Mace Windu had a negative charisma score or he was just a jerk. It's legitimately odd how many times his abrasive personality seems to cause problems and his seemingly complete lack of self-awareness doesn't exactly help.
    A bit of both, I think. Mace kind of draws the short straw of the main prequel Jedi of being the one who wasn't in the original trilogy and is thus the least important that the audience likes, so he gets the worst showing. He still gets cool moments, but he also ends up being the one who represents the worst of the Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    He's already gifted a seat on the goddamned Jedi Council! He's one of the most elite Jedi in the galaxy, sitting on the most prestigious seats of power they have, and that's not enough. He feels spurned because he didn't get a new faceplate for his desk. That's not the Jedi insulting him or mistreating him, that's him being petty and greedy over inconsequential things.
    See, I think being given the fancy new desk but not the faceplate is the actual snub. Not getting promoted because your elders think you aren't ready for the responsibility is one thing, getting a de facto promotion out of necessity but with your boss making it clear that you haven't really been promoted is a clear insult.
    Last edited by Errorname; 2024-04-17 at 09:12 PM.