View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #376
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    At the same time the Jedi Council sets him up for failure. They fail to manage him properly and to assign him tasks that are appropriate to his abilities and mental state. They are in fact so massively bad at this that Palpatine can openly suggest to them a solution that will solve all their problems: sending Anakin to go kill Grievous, and they reject it out of hand.
    "lolz just kill the leader" is not the grand plan that solves everything that it might at first seem. And even if actually feasible, assassination is probably not something the Jedi would be cool with.
    The Jedi Council makes the choice to train Anakin and, for better or worse, he is the Chosen One. The Council needs him. They can't just fire his ***.
    Sure they can. Again, he doesn't have a "Chosen One" birthmark. As far as the other know he's likely the chosen one, but not guaranteed, and even if he is, if he, say, goes and kills entire villages of people im vengeance, yeah, they'd probably still fire his ass. More likely try to figure out some sort of Jedi prison or something, because that is kind of wildly out of line with what anyone should do, much less someone who is ij a public service position.
    Over-prompting him as a sop to his ego means nothing. Now, I maintain they should have not done it openly as a means to push back against Palpatine, but promising hm the rank of master costs the Jedi Council nothing and just might have saved the galaxy.
    They're Jedi, not babysitters. If he needs his ego to be sopped, then he shouldn't be a Jedi.
    I can, and do, fault the Jedi Order for not noticing that he was troubled and in turmoil. Basically every agency on Earth that conducts 'high-risk' jobs, including law enforcement, the military, medicine, and others, has all sorts of programs in place to try and detect, catch, and solve mental turmoil in their personnel. Beyond simple kindness, this is an important aspect of maintaining capacity, since people who break can't work for you anymore.
    Yes, and i can absolutely guarantee you that these programs are not foolproof, do nothing whatsoever to curb future or ongoing behavior, and can miss past behavior.

Fun fact! These programs work best when the person is forthcoming. Anakin was not forthcoming, despite what you claim next:
    Also, Anakin does want to be helped! He wants it desperately. He goes to Yoda begging for it! The problem is that the Jedi Order's bad rules make it impossible to ask honestly. He feels and is trapped, and when pushed by Palpatine, breaks. Yes, the ultimate responsibility is his - very much like so many other Jedi in RotS he chooses the worst possible option and loses everything as a consequence - but others failed to help him.
    I don't know what you were watching, but it wasn't Star Wars. Anakin hid everything from them. His ideas that fascism is ideal governing, his personal feelings towards others, that he committed a small-scale genocide, you name it, Anakin hid it. The tusken murder is at least somewhat understandable, he doesn't want to be booted out, but even that could possibly have been something they tried to help with. He didn't want help with any of it. Anakin asked how to stop someone from dying Yoda told him death comes for everyone and being a Jedi means sacrifice. Anakin responds saying he won't let the death happen. That is not a man who wants to he helped. He didn't want actual answers, he was looking dor what he wanted to hear and was upset when he didn't get it.
    The evidence we had is that the Jedi Order handled this very, very badly during the Clone Wars, with Jedi breaking apart all over the place. This isn't entirely their fault, they clearly weren't ready to deal with the strain created by the transition from peacekeeping to active military duty, but they also don't even seem to have tried. So Jedi such as Ahsoka, Bariss, and even Pong Krell were all lost to the Order.
    That I'll agree with. And, for mt money, it stems mostly from taking on the clone army without really questioning it.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-04-17 at 10:06 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1