Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
Literally all the Jedi we see doing the same job as Anakin in the Clone Wars are masters. He's given a high-level command and put in charge of some of the most important campaigns of the war working as an equal in rank to sitting members of the council.

I'm not even saying he should be promoted, every reason they give for not wanting to is justified, but the Jedi put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders because he was very good at his job and then denied him the rank and titles associated with those responsibilities, of course he sees that as a snub.
The weirdest thing is you could understand if the Jedi Council verbalised their reasoning. If they were like “you’re a great warrior but you’re a terrible Jedi so we aren’t promoting you to Jedi Master”, it would at least provide a valid reason. It’s fine if people want to believe that’s why the Jedi Council refused to make Anakin a Jedi Master, but as far as the movie is concerned the only reason we’re given is this…

OBI-WAN: Listen to me, Anakin. The fact of the matter is you're too close to the Chancellor. The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs.

ANAKIN: I swear to you, I didn't ask to be put on the Council…

OBI-WAN: But it's what you wanted! Your friendship with Chancellor Palpatine seems to have paid off.

ANAKIN: That has nothing to do with this.

OBI-WAN: Anakin, regardless of how it happened, you find yourself in a delicate situation.

ANAKIN: You mean divided loyalties.

OBI-WAN: I warned you there was tension between the Council and the Chancellor. I was very clear. Why didn't you listen? You walked right into it.

Even Obi-Wan, Anakin’s closest friend and brother, accuses him of using his friendship with Palpatine to get himself on the Council and implies he has told him in the past that he should distance himself from Palpatine to prove his loyalty to the Jedi Council. That’s kinda messed up and to blame Anakin for “walking right into it” is crazy. This is the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic we’re talking about. Even the Jedi Council doesn’t say no to him yet they expect Anakin to burn that bridge for them?

See, I think being given the fancy new desk but not the faceplate is the actual snub. Not getting promoted because your elders think you aren't ready for the responsibility is one thing, getting a de facto promotion out of necessity but with your boss making it clear that you haven't really been promoted is a clear insult.
They didn’t even give Anakin that. He believed he was being excluded from the Council and he wasn’t wrong. The Council did not trust Anakin. They only let him sit in on meetings they wanted Palpatine to know about and we saw them, on screen, withhold information from Anakin. They didn’t tell him of their intention to demand Palpatine steps down, nor did they tell him they wanted Palpatine to know that Obi-Wan was about to take out Grievous to gauge his reaction and determine their next step and whether they’d have to depose Palpatine by force.