Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
There is an argument to be had whether the contol aspect of summons is part of the creature summoned. Especially with the Tasha's spells as they are more spell effect than creature.

A better example would be animate dead, which both creates an undead creature permanently asserts control over it for a period of time.

I would say any spell that allows telepathic command to be dispelled by targeting the caster definitely.
I don’t mind hearing that argument, but to me it seems really odd that while we know (d/t the existing magic items in the game) that weapons have properties similar to reforming the SB, there are people who say “that can’t be a property of the weapon”; while at the same time, while there is no “control property” on the creatures in question on Summons and Conjures, that “that must be a property of the creature”.

Again, seems very hypocritical to me.

_____

Though some choose to mock these questions, I love them for how they get us to figure out how magic works in our 5e games (which can be different table to table, but I think it’s worthwhile to understand it at our own table(s)).

One other question that came up from this is “if the caster of Bless includes themself as a target of the Bless effect, and DM is cast on them, does it end Concentration?” Can you only lose Concentration on some targets?

The rules state that if Concentration ends, then the spell ends. But is the inverse true? Can you Concentrate on specific targets while ending them on others? At first thought, I’d say no: it’s all or nothing. But open to other thoughts.