Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
Yoshiro and Arata looked confused at the name given by Chrétien. Granted, Arata knew a little French from their interactions, Yoshiro was left entirely in the dark. At his other question while the others ran upstairs, he looked at the ground.

"I-it's not so much seeing as sensing. I'm feeling them outside, but they don't feel familiar." He draws a sharp breath as he looks again. "Almost terrifying."

Arata also looks at the window in his new black leather armor with feather patterns adorned on the bracers and boots. He sat the naginata against the wall with the point down and adjusted the bracers and duster. They seemed to fit well. Yoshiro was still in his regular clothes.

"Yoshiro-kun, if you're sensing what we saw earlier today, then maybe we should all be ready to fight. Doesn't look like you got the same treatment of weapons and suits that we did so we'll protect you on the road then."

Yoshiro looked up at Arata and nodded, a look of fear in his eyes. "Y-yes, Arata-senpai." He then looked at Chrétien and closed his eyes to focus on Akiko and Sakuma. He shook his head a bit and then nodded after a moment. "There is a difference. So if anything, I can see you all clearly. The others out there feel like..." He was stuck on the word. "Shadows."

When Akiko came back down with the news, Yoshiro looked at the ground and nodded. "I..... I thought so after what Chrétien-senpai just had me try. So we really are...."

At Sakuma's words, Arata nodded. "Yep." He grabbed the naginata again. "We should get-"

Arata is cut off by a banging on the door, and the next moment it flies open revealing three entities.

"Well, it seems like humans have wandered in." The first says.

"I haven't had human in ages! Maybe now our worlds will collide again and we can feast!" The second pipes up.

"Shut up you Hee-ho moron! They may be intelligent enough to understand us." The third looks a lot like the one you saw at the maze.

Arata readies his blade. "Get behind us, Yoshiro-kun. At least one of them is smart." He smirks at the jack-o-lantern.

"Hee-ho hee-ho hee! A human with a challenge!"

READY FOR COMBAT! Our heroes move first!
“I wouldn’t concern yourself overmuch,” Chrétien observed as he stepped down from the chair and drew his rapier. “I’m sure our understanding is sufficiently limited that we won’t be able to follow.

En garde!” the exchange student warned as he awkwardly thrust at his enemies.

Spoiler: More Elan than Accuracy
Show
Attack!: 2d6o6+1 6

Chrétien misses and suffers a setback!