View Single Post

Thread: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

1. - Top - End - #681
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

The Captain glances at the guard.

"My officers. First and foremost, I'm going to repeat my final orders. This arrest changes nothing about the urgency of our meeting with the Minister of War. We have to stop that fleet. Everything else we worry about later. As for personal remarks... I don't have the time or privacy to say what I'd like to you right now, but I have had time to think about what I'd like to tell each of you, as best I can within these limitations."

She looks at Tegu first, and takes her claw.

"My dear Quartermaster. Always a ready hand with that axe, and we need your strong hand. But wait for the right stroke, eh, Tegu? Wait for the right stroke. We've still got days until the trial comes."

She turns then to Fork, and takes his hand in turn.

"Mr. F'rrkkk, I appreciate your loyalty and years of service more than you can know. I know this is a cruel ending. But I take comfort... and I hope you'll take comfort... in one thing. They put me here in this Coliseum because they see me as lesser, but the truth is this is the only sacrifice pit open to the air. At least I'll go to my trial able to look at the sky one more time. You're a man of the vast plains and open skies, Fork, so you know what that's worth."

She squeezes your hand for the last couple of sentences.

Then she releases your hand to take Nibum's.

"Mr. Nibum. I appreciate everything you've done for your ship, and I hope you've come to see us as more than just parasites who ride around on her. And I am amazed by what you've done with that tender. I hope you keep working on it. With a little more tinkering, I'd say the sky's the limit. Promise me you'll keep going."

And then to Ttharg:

"Mr. Ttharg. You've come a long way since we fished you out of the sea. In my cabin you'll find a tablet, a devotional object. I know you don't worship the Green Goddess, but there are no hands I trust more to carry it to the right person."

To Servius:

"Mr. Pamphilius, you haven't been with us long, but I appreciate your service. You are a brilliant mind, and I will always remember your ability to put the pieces together when others don't even know there's a puzzle."

Spoiler: DC 20+ Insight or Investigation check
    Show
    The Captain is dropping hints for an escape plan, to be executed when the time is right. The tender can be upgraded to fly with the Kanikau sphere, and the Coliseum is open to the air. She wants to you to interrupt her trial from there, and bring her her devotional tablet to Maebe at that time.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-21 at 11:28 AM.