View Single Post

Thread: The Definitive Spheres Tier List

1. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: The Definitive Spheres Tier List

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Weather: This is the only sphere which prompted me to create, and made use of, the D-Bag rating. Because the only point of some of these talents is to be a total axe wipe to commoners. And that's it. Never found a use for that tag ever again. But (relatively) recent additions like shrouds and mantles, have made it more usable as a sphere in actually meaningful ways. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice cosmetic touch to have some control over weather for some characters.
    I actually did find another use for the large-scale weather control talents: warfare. Attacking an enemy army by dropping a hurricane on top of them is pretty great, and somewhat uniquely capable of affecting entire armies at once. It also allows for you to mitigate the effects of winter on your own army, which can have a lot of strategic value.

That being said, in the vast majority of campaigns, causing snowstorms or whatever just isn't very useful...

EDIT: The sphere totally deserves its rating, though I would say that scouring armies off the map with a hurricane is pretty exciting.
    Last edited by AsuraKyoko; 2024-04-22 at 12:43 PM.