1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Noctuary (D&D 3.5e, Level 20+ Adventure)

Retroactive skill points are a yes: Per chaincomplex, here
    Planeshift: I think it would come in handy, but I'd also be unsurprised to find that there will be plenty of characters in the running that can cast it. If it doesn't fit in your character without torturing RAW into a pretzel, probably not a big deal?

I do, however, find myself facing a conundrum.
    I kind of want to swap from Incantatrix(Which, honestly, isn't going to be doing much, if anything to help for a long, long time) for something more interesting.
    Realistically, the options there seem to be Ruathar(Which I think would need a lot of reworking to fit as far as fluff and features), and Raumathari Battlemage, which is a lot more interesting(I think).

Would it be permissible to swap out the Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword requirement for an Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Elven Courtblade?
    Is the Agile weapon enchantment(From PF) available?

Spoiler: Former thoughts
    Show

I was considering Dweomerkeeper, which led to this:
    However, doing that is... challenging.
    Would you read Arcane Disciple as providing access to a domain(Such as magic), provided I can find an appropriate deity?
    Would a divine only SLA count as divine spellcasting?(The exact line that seems a bit confusing from the SRD spell like abilities description: "Some spell-like abilities duplicate spells that work differently when cast by characters of different classes. A monster’s spell-like abilities are presumed to be the sorcerer/wizard versions. If the spell in question is not a sorcerer/wizard spell, then default to cleric, druid, bard, paladin, and ranger, in that order. ")

Dweomerkeeper would let me do cool things like cast stoneskin without my inner miser screaming at me once it comes online(In something like 5 levels after the game start). Or there may be other, more interesting/fun divine PRC's that strike me as more fitting(Maybe Seeker of the Misty Isle?)

As pointed out to me elsewhere, this is a terrible idea, and is the classic example of torturing RAW. So instead, a more focused approach.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2024-04-25 at 03:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Jace/Elela, Right to Die