Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal
Woah, hold on. Perfect information only goes one way. It is impossible to have a game where both sides have perfect information. Best case scenario, attempting it ends up with a Princess Bride style"I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know...." loop and nobody ever actually makes a move.
The applicable part from Princess Bride is "you keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

Because what you just said is completely incorrect. In a sequential perfect information games with both players playing perfectly, what typically happens is a draw, rules allowing. There are no interminable loops - the first player makes the best possible opening move, the second player answers with best possible counterplay, and so it goes until a conclusion is reached. The XKCD comic about Tic-Tac-Toe comic illustrates this.

You continue making bizarre assertions here:

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal
You seem to be stuck on the literal definition of the word optimization. Optimization cannot exist in reality. Much like "perfection" or "infinite" it is a concept, not something that actually exists. That doesn't mean that people don't use it all the time in day to day speech. Hell, there are entire RPG boards dedicated to "optimization". Wouldn't your time be better spent arguing with them than with me?
That's complete nonsense. Optimization is a practice, the presence and absence of optimal strategies something that can be concretely mathematically studied and then applied. Everything me and NichG have been saying is about practical qualities of existing, playable games - qualities you could leverage to improve your game design if you bothered to actually get your terms straight.

It's a long way to get you to understand the simple idea that you can give way more information to your players than you think, without it having all the negative ramifications you imagine.