View Single Post

Thread: Oath of the Watcher Paladin Build

1. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Oath of the Watcher Paladin Build

What I did with mine was go for Medium Armor Master feat,
    vHuman,
    Dex build. I explicitly pumped Charisma on ASIs to get to (in the end) 20. I wanted my aura and my spell save DCs to be the best I could.
    Also ended up with Telekinetic feat, which ended up yielding misty step.
    This allowed me to pursue some foes or reposition.

I ended up using counterspell quite a bit, rather than smite, once I hit level 9. But that had to do with our party composition, somewhat.

Character retired at 17. Greater Steed was a Griffon.

Never raised DEX above 16. (Didn't need to). I did boost CON to 16 later on.
    With defensive fighting style I had 21 AC in half plate and shield. And, I was not a liability as regards stealth. I'll go and dig up the final build and post it here when I get to it.

If you get a free feet, and you are also vHuman, see if the DM will let you start with both. If not, go normal human and add the feat. you'll get a few more stat boosts that won't hurt.

Later in the game we earned a boon, which got me a feat: Metallic Dragon's gift.
    Recommend it if you can get it. Might be worth getting at level 12 and letting Cha stay at 18; the defensive boost came in handy many times.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-04-25 at 09:38 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society