Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
I feel like you have weirdly high standards for "not a pod person" 😝
When I know that there are Pod People, my standards are “does not behave as expected” including “does not behave like a Human”. Which, of course, neither Superman nor the Fey are human, which is part of the joke.

In this case, responding to “my house is on fire!” with “do you know where the fire is headed?” sufficiently violates human social norms to trigger the “Pod People” red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
But also, why is the example with Batman the "good" one? Because Superman is springing into action with zero delay while a second person asks the questions? But ...
* Probably Superman can beat the pod people just fine even with a small delay, and reverse the process (and if he can't reverse it, then multiple people are likely already gone in the time the child took to find Superman).
* If the pod people *are* so powerful no delay can be made, then Batman being late could also be disastrous.
The “good” one, really, is just “Superman springs into action without asking stupidly out-of-character questions”. But, in order to make the best possible scenario in which the question actually gets asked? I played around with a few, and actually found one I could accept: where the “great detective” did, you know, detective work, while the Big Blue Boyscout murderhobo went and punched evil faces.