1. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rule variations between PF1/3.5 - Stacking

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddenorstrus View Post
    So pf changed stacking rules slightly then because i recall on 3.5s rules compendium pg 21

Untyped bonuses stack unless the bonuses come from the same effect.

Which is why monk abilities in 3.5 all specifically state they cannot stack with the monk itself. (Ex ninja ac bonus stating it cant stack with monk) it gets called out because i presume otherwise it would stack due to the rules compendium statement there. Which filters the bonuses as an untyped class bonus vs PF referring to the bonuses as an actual "+charisma" giving them a 'type' then? If im understanding correctly.

I would also note I don't actually see a specific rules differential in PF.. other than a post on a FAQ a single time.... PF couldn't make a Rule Compendium like 3.5 did to Clarify anything? lol
    Paizo declared the FAQ to be errata. Honestly better than the 3.5 rules compendium which is riddled with a few missing rules and minor errors here and there after it declares that it has precedence over previous sources. For it being authoritative they leave a person like myself in a quandary of whether I can actually trust the accuracy or intent of what is on the page.

The pathfinder SRD has relevant FAQ questions and answers on the pages they relate to which is honestly really helpful.

As for monk/ninja AC bonus, they are adding your wisdom bonus. The type of bonus is wisdom. Fist of the Forest's AC bonus however is an untyped bonus equal to your Con bonus though, so it can stack with Deepwarden's.
    Last edited by Darg; 2024-04-28 at 08:14 PM.