Quote Originally Posted by Qazgir View Post
Secondly, is it stretching myself too thin to grab both sorcery and necromancy? I'd be taking Sorcery on account of using Soulfarer, and Necromancy seems cool, but given that I also want to do melee combat, and have some charms left over for other things, it seems like I'm pulling myself in too many directions at character creation.
man, I'm not considering sorcery at all and I'm still worried and indecisive about what direction to go, not enough charms for what I really want and so on. But to actually answer your question: probably yes, the general rules I've heard is either the 5/5/5 rule where you have five charms in your specialization, 5 charms in combat and 5 in whatever you want, or the 6/3/3/6 rule where you have six charms in your specialization, 3 charms in defense, 3 charms in combat and 5 in utility if you purchasing extra charms. (I'm still struggling to decide because even with a clear concept like Abyssal Necromancer, there are many different combat styles, and various side things she could be doing)

and yeah, I've been kinda wondering the manse thing myself, my initial concept for The Whisper of World-Shaking Truth's backstory had come up with a abyssal-aspected manse that is in a mysterious language and design that resembles no human make and even the First Age found mysterious and would like plot hook/springboard into investigating more supernatural stuff to figure it out, but now it may not be a good idea. also nailing down expectations will help me decide my build, because if we're going to be traveling a lot and focusing on active adventures rather than building things or whatever, it would be good sense to not waste charms on say, Crafting. and like if manses doesn't work out, I might just adapt the Skull Diary into a refluffed custom necromancy artifact with the mysterious/ominous vibes I want.