Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
"Now, I probably could give an estimation on enchanting a sizeable slab of wood in such a way, but do keep in mind that what I am thinking of, with the current spell I have developed, it only affects one person at a time. In other words, only one person could see through the wood at any given time. But, in order to let it affect more than one person, that makes it significantly more expensive, to the point where permanent invisibility is likely a superior option. And that would probably cost, oh.. say.. at least six thousand gold pieces?"
Aiden whistles a low, swooping note as his eyebrows shoot up.

"That's a pricey window. I think you might be right. Better off getting a... a rod that can cast it a couple of times per day. Or a wand of Detect Fish! Haha! But like Ulrik says, it may end up with some value in a military shipbuilding field. Indeed, especially the divination instead of the invisibility - perhaps you want to be able to see out, but not be seen in."

He profits from Ulrik's dining recommendation, and orders the soup to begin and the crab to follow (after a brief misunderstanding about 'crab soup', and revelation that he might never have been in a circumstance where a two-course meal was standard). Theoretically, he's mostly waiting for Ulrik's sister to arrive to pick her brain about fishing, but in the time between he tries to steer the conversation towards novel enchantments in the field of shipbuilding, and then sits back and lets the expertise radiating off the other two wash through him.