Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
I'd say Skyrim does a lot more to live up to it's potential. Honestly even if New Vegas hadn't spoiled me I still would have been disappointed coming off of Skyrim, which has a way better realized world and a much more compelling core conflict.

Yeah, I've heard good things. Definitely an impressive modding effort, and I think it's further evidence that the game would have been improved if they'd done more to integrate settlement mechanics into the actual questlines.

Raiders or some form of evil Minuteman counterpart absolutely should have been a base game thing. Frankly I'm amazed that regardless of what faction choice you make all your settlements will be minuteman aligned
Ok. Pitch idea:

The whole point of the main faction storyline is around assigning settlements to factions. Brotherhood, institute, railroad, minuteman.

The minuteman and Brotherhood are open about it. The plot then is scripted to the Commonwealth reaction to your settlement emergence. The more settlement you make (and other threshold, like total pop, and x settlements with 15 people) the "regional" metaplot progresses.