Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
Unfortunately, Heavy weapons (MoF p. 179) impose the Monkey Grip problem in reverse. You take -4 to your attack rolls with a Heavy weapon unless you have the right EWP feat, and you can only wield a Heavy weapon one size smaller than your own size category in two hands without taking the penalty. A Medium Warmace does 1d12 damage. A Heavy Medium Warmace does 2d8 damage. A Small Warmace does 1d10 damage, therefore a Small Heavy Warmace would do 2d6 damage. Therefore, you could wield a Small Heavy Warmace in two hands with no EWP and no attack penalty for 2d6 damage, i.e. literally no different than if you just wielded a Greatsword, or indeed a regular old Warmace in both hands as a martial weapon.

But yeah, if you're going to take EWP in a weapon anyway, you might as well make it a Heavy weapon for the extra damage dice since it's a EWP either way.
...so in the end, doesn't that mean that ShurikVch's point remains valid?

If I take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Warmace) feat, I get to wield a 1d12 weapon in one hand as a martial weapon (provided I'm Medium).

But if I take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Heavy warmace) feat, I get to wield a 2d8 weapon in one hand as a martial weapon. Right?

From here on, I could even decide to wield a Large-sized Heavy warmace in two hands, stomaching the -2 penalty on attack rolls, and I'm getting a 3d8 weapon. Is that correct? Then, I will have paid one feat and accepted a -2 penalty on to-hit in exchange for a bonus damage, when compared to a greatsword, equal to 3d8 - 2d6 (that's on average 6.5 extra damage). Since PA with a two-handed weapon gives +4 bonus for a -2 penalty, my net benefit there is 6.5 - 4 = 2.5 bonus damage. For the price of a feat. Meh, it's just at the level of Weapon Specialization.