Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
I don't disagree that's the interpretation we'd all prefer was in place. It's just a case of poor phrasing by WOTC and a lack of a good errata once again. If my reading's conservative and most reasonable DMs see it your way, then happy days.
I mean, you are the first person I've ever seen who's read it that way, in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
Sure. For which it delivers a modest-ish increase in damage given light weapons tend to bob around the d4 or d6 mark, resulting in a rough +1 or so in expected damage. I don't disagree. That said, given the weapons are only changing in terms of effort used - and not their applicability to things like Power Attack- I just think the main practical use for M.Grip is on Large two-handed weapons.
Right, if you're looking at it from a purely numbers perspective, but some people just like the thematic of being strong enough to wield a 2 handed weapon in one hand, just look at titans grip in world of warcraft, people love it, not because it's necessarily a powerful ability, but because it lets them wield 2 handed weapons in one hand and (at least in their opinion) look cool while doing so.