1. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Raven Queen Warlock Patron Revised [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunion View Post
    Yes but the gloom stalker gets additional features besides darkvision at that level and doesn’t have the option to gain a superior version of sight as a class feature.

I am familiar with “The Crow” archetype.
    And yes, the archetype is quite janky.

The reason why I suggested to remove the second paragraph from your Sentinel Raven was it interferes with the third paragraph feature. If you don’t want your raven to be targeted, you simply dismissed them as per the find familiar rules.

If you going to give the warlock darkvision at first level as a feature, you should probably add some additional features to make it really stand out.(looking at your current version)
    This gets additional features at that level too. adding charisma to perception and gaining a spell. Even if you view the darkvision as a ribbon, that's fine? Or at the very least you're not suggesting what to add? you're confusing me.

telling me something isn't good enough without suggesting how to make it better or how to fix it isn't helpful.

I'll play around with it a bit more. I am likely keeping the darkvision, even if it's a ribbon

EDIT: How about this?

Spoiler: proposed change
    Show

Sentinel Spirit
    Starting at 1st level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Raven Queen to watch over you. You learn the spell Find Familiar, and can cast it without expending a spell slot or material components once per long or short rest. Sentinel familiar animals for example might resemble a raven, representing the queen herself; a vulture, representing decay and the balance of life and death; a pure white cat, representing the purity of life.

Pierce the Veil
    Additionally at 1st level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision from another source, its range increases by 30 feet. You may add your Charisma Modifier to your passive Wisdom (Perception) score and to Wisdom (Perception) checks. When an undead creature forces you to make a saving throw you may do so at advantage.

"Pierce the veil" representing your watchfulness for undead, and the barrier that separates life and death.

I also considered instead of "When an undead creature forces you to make a saving throw you may do so at advantage."
    perhaps "you have advantage on saving throws against spells from the Necromancy school of magic". not sure which is better.
    Last edited by MagneticKitty; 2024-05-03 at 10:14 PM.