Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Oh, it absolutely is, and once you get into endgame you can have a lot of fun smashing people between the eyes with Super Sledges. The problem I found with my Unarmed character is that there's a section in the midgame where 10mm SMGs become common, and if an enemy wielding one of those burst attacks you just get OHKO'd. And for some burst weapons it's not by a little bit - at around level 11 or so (so before I could get the dodging perk to increase my AC) I got hit for 174 damage by a dude with a Combat Shotgun. I went back and did the fight again, and this time he didn't use a burst attack and I won easily.
It's because a Burst weapon actually projects a cone and the game assigns how many potential bullets the enemies in that cone can take based on how far along the cone they are. If you're right at the origin of the cone, then you get All The Bullets. Which can either do.. basically nothing, if they hit normally and you get to apply your damage reduction/damage threshold to all of the separate bullets, or insta-gib the target if you get crit(s) and bypass armor or score a big damage multiplier. Giving Sulik one of those 10mm SMGs and letting him use it as basically a melee weapon is one of the more dangerous things he can do.

.. and on the other end of it if you try to use Burst as an area attack which is apparently what it's -supposed- to do, you tend to mildly annoy three or four different enemies and then they all shoot you.