Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
And yet, you are terrified, because that game with the lackluster design choices is the only thing you can play! And it's coming for you! The game books are approaching! The covers are opening, forcing you to read these terribly-designed rules! You try to avert your gaze, but it's no use! Everywhere you look you see another badly written rule! Cower in terror if you will! It will not save you!

I will confess I have not examined my deepest fears. Back when I was a teenager and had watched Arachnophobia, I think you could probably call spiders my biggest fear. Now, not so much.
Orb spiders only. I don't mind the fuzzy ones much. Now if the DM throws an giant orb spider with clown makeup at me, I'm logging off / going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath
When one of my PCs had this spell cast on her, I decided it was something with way too many wings, limbs, and tentacles and left it at that. For another, it'd likely be a giant ock'n or a renk (slug/snail-like creatures). I gather they've nerfed the spell a bit, though. In older versions, it came after you and if it landed a hit, you died. You got a single saving throw if you tried to disbelieve the illusion. Fail that and let it hit you - time to roll up a new PC.
Ah, the good ol' days when you showed up at your friend's house with a character, a backup character, and three blank character sheets.