Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
I definitely agree that Pathfinder's approach would be better than ideal, especially because multiclassing doesn't impose EXP penalties.

A simple bonus would be +1 max. hit point per level in favored class and maybe a bonus skill proficiency from the class list when you take the first level of your favored class.

A bit more situational bonuses could potentially affect your class features. For example, if you have levels in your favored class:
- Sorcerer: gain +1 extra Sorcery Point
- Paladin: for Lay on Hands purposes, +1 Paladin level
- Druid: for Wild Shape purposes, +1 Druid level

Alternatively, as suggested, favored class could extend to subclasses:
- Ranger (Beast Master): You count your Ranger level as one higher when determining the hit points of your Beast Companion
Oh yeah I like Pathfinder 1's options a lot better for favor classes, especially 3.5 rules is so often niche and complicated that it doesn't even come into effect. However, I think full levels of abilities is often not the right choice. It might be better to have like 1/4 sorcery point or 1/5 of a spell known rather than entire individual spells or points.

This is probably less of a problem for pet HP or Lay on Hands pool, but I think that can be stated with just "+x" HP rather than a whole level's worth of calculation.