Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post
Ok maybe I don't know what you're talking about. You like conflict but not combat and you adjudicate the conflicts without rolls but in the style of DND. Idk what that is, but I'm glad you're having fun lol.
Heh. I'm sure you have a blast doing your thing too and all power to you

To explain, let me put it this way. D&D has orcs. Warhammer 40k also has orks. Lord of the Rings has orcs. Cyberpunk 2020 has orcs too, in its own fashion (in the form of people with cybernetics or other mods to make them "orcish"). None of these orcs are the same, though they might share some similarities. If I'm playing D&D, the only orc that matters is D&D orcs and there's assumptions I can make about who and what they are, their culture, so on and so forth. The same goes for spellcasting and magic, how multicultural D&D assumes things to be, etc. etc. If I'm playing D&D, even when I'm not looking at my character sheet or rolling dice, all those assumptions are still in play because those are the things that make the game D&D, way more than rolling the ol' math rocks, because while the d20 dice rolling system isn't unique to D&D, D&D style orcs are.