Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
I already have a level of Warder (mostly to fix the Warblade's stance glitch) but while that added three maneuvres readied it also added five maneuvres known.

IOW, it made the problem with maneuvres that I never ready taking up character-sheet space and mental bandwidth worse not better.
Well, you're never going to have an equal number of maneuvers known and readied past the early levels. Considering you only get to swap an old one out every other level and you'll thus have very few highest level maneuvers known at any time, it really shouldn't be a problem.
If you want access to literally all of them, then just take Adaptive Style.
The dip gave you another 3 maneuvers readied, so it nearly doubled the amount. And you can grab crown of the WR type items and assign them to the Warder list to further optimize your in-battle loadout....

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
Warblade's stance glitch? You mean how you gain stances on even levels instead of odds? Crusader does it also, just two levels earlier.
Warblade gets its 2nd stance one level too early so by RAW a Warblade 20 either has to spend a feat for a 3rd level stance or wait till level 10 and not get a 5th level stance. I just allow people to delay it to 5 b/c it seems like an obvious design error. But sadly I don't get to play in my own games and I've encountered lots of unaccommodating DM's, so a 2-level dip has basically become bog standard for any Warblades I make.

Crusader has it even worse, yes. They're just a total mess. But Warblade is extremely simple to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
...although now I look at it again I am not sure how that was supposed to work; I think would have needed two levels in something else to get that +1 IL. I hope I did not accidentally cheat!

Luckily, we standardise on using the the PF1 version in cases like that, so I don't even need to ask!
Well, ToB would say your Warblade IL is Warblade level +1/2 of non-Warblade class levels (aside from ToB prestige classes that advance IL fully) and likewise your Warder IL is Warder level +1/2 of non-Warder class levels. So you'd need a 2 level dip outside of Warblade (Lion Spirit Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 or Ranger 1 / Lion Spirit Barb 1 being my usual standby choices, though Crusader or Swordsage work, too) to fix the glitch.
But I guess in your case that doesn't apply...