1. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Works where you were surprised to learn you were in the minority of viewers

I liked Looper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Also, forgot to hit quote, but it's fine: Tarantino is vastly overrated, and besides inglorious basterds, I don't think I've much liked any of his films.
    Jackie Brown was a really good film, but part of the appeal for me is that the soundtrack was from my era of growing up (a lot of soul hits that I used to hear on the radio) and Pam Grier still had that on-screen chemistry and attractiveness that was (for me in junior high and high school when she became well known) mind boggling. Another part of the movie's texture that I liked was the bumbling mistakes of various parties in it.

Part of Tarantino's appeal to me is the dialogue: Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs had a particular style of banter that caught me ear. (True Romance did also). Inglorious Basterds would have died without Cristoph Waltz.

My wife hated Pulp Fiction, and got mad at me for watching it on VHS.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-05-09 at 08:23 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society