View Single Post

Thread: Ways to Get Stunning Fist?

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Ways to Get Stunning Fist?

Quote Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
    Soulwarp Strike, aka "I can't believe it's not Stunning Fist!". I basically just wanted to effectively double my Stunning Strikes per day.
    Well, imposing the sickened condition by hitting someone really hard can be achieved by Brutal Strike, and your unarmed strikes are bludgeoning weapons generally.

Sickening Grasp does the same for gishes for at least one round even if they save.

Sickening Strike does it for those with sneak attack.

Getting the nauseated condition is a bit tougher, but some sort of channelling or Spellblade weapon combined with something like Stinking Cloud can achieve similar. Nauseating Breath is a 3rd level spell on the Sor, Wiz, and Clr lists, thus, eminently suitable for wands. Finger of Agony (CMage) is 4th level but shenanigans with Sanctum Spell could drop it to make it wand-eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch
    FWIW, the Fists of Dal Quor PrC (Secrets of Sarlona) got the Stunning Strike class feature, which works almost exactly like the Stunning Fist feat - except you can make it with a weapon (in addition to the "usual" unarmed attack), and spend power points for higher DC (Although, it required "Chosen, Inspired, or kalashtar")
    Sudden Willow Strike (PGtE) also allows Stunning Fist to be transmitted through one's quarterstaff, and given it applies only to use of one weapon an Aptitude weapon would allow you to apply it to any weapon. If you don't want to spend the feat, the Ki Focus (DMG) weapon quality at +1 allows you to transmit Stunning Fist and any other ki strike abilities to be through your weapon too.