Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Several years ago in the early morning as I waited for my shere ride to college, I saw a family of deer maybe five strong gallop out of the trees, across the street, hop my neighbor's fence, and bolt across the field toward the line of old growth trees in the distance just after sunrise.

Majestic as ****, I tell ya hwat.

I recall an incident where a womaan in 2012 called a radio talk show to bitch about how she'd been in three separate car accidents involving deer on a busy road with a deer x-sing sign near buy to bitch about why the deer were encouraged to cross on said busy road.
Deer are as majestic as a regal forest nymph, and as stupid as a raccoon who broke into a candy store. Wonderful creatures.

There are so many layers to unpack about that lady. The fact that she genuinely thinks that's how it works, the fact that she has hit THREE deer in that exact same area that makes it wrap around from "sad accident" to "lady this is directly your fault", the sheer balls to call in to a radio show to be like "I need to tell people about this". It is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Apropos of absolutely nothing, but my friend got shushed at the Library of Congress yesterday.

I have taken great delight in telling our entire friend group.
Impressive. I've never been shushed at a library and I take it with a bit of pride- though truthfully "be quiet so others aren't bothered" is like, the barest minimum level of politeness one can expect.