Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Mel uses shadow magic to quick-escape whenever she's close to death, and her Chtonic heritage means killing her isn't exactly EASY and doesn't exactly stick. I haven't beaten Chronos yet tmyself but I'd imagine his being a time god (among other things) means that any death on him is going to be reverted by a flick of his wrist to send some personal time-streams backwards a bit.

And I mean, the entire conceit is that Chronos, a man who the gods chopped into pieces and locked away in the deepest reaches of Hades, has come back from the dead. It's not out of turn that these characters are able to avoid death, even if the slogan of the silver sisters is "we're gonna cut that bitch".
Yeah, yeah, I know, you can come up with the usual justifications. It just makes the game feel a bit incomplete at the moment. I've seen one streamer beat Chronos, and the ending screen is "you won! but, uh, it doesn't actually accomplish anything, for . . . reasons . . . anyway, now you die." Like I said, I'm guessing the final version of the game will have more content as far as that goes. My bigger issue is that compared to Hades 1, the characters just feel a bit dull.