Quote Originally Posted by Powerdork View Post
So this question is a bit of a weird one. I don’t normally come in here at all, but I figured I’d ask.
Dead By Daylight, the 1v4 competitive horror game, has just teased a Dungeons & Dragons crossover. Commentators suspect that Barovia’s Strahd might be involved, or ‘perfect’. What say you?
In terms of named, not-dead villains from D&D settings, at a mortal power scale rather than godly...

Strahd feels like a given, being a Darklord and a respawning vampire from the D&D horror setting. I would be unsurprised if a lich popped up (Acerak is a classical favorite, but Szass Tam recently got a big screen debut so don't count him out). If they're bringing in Baldur's Gate as a franchise, Sarevok is the recurring Bhaalspawn, so he's in the running. Xanathar is the only named beholder villain, and there's a beholder in the trailer, so even odds on that. Halastar Blackcloak is the most famous summoner (the mad mage who created the Undermountain) and has the perfect dungeon, Zuggtmoy is famous from the Temple of Elemental Evil and might end up making an appearance out of all the demon lords. (An aspect of her, but I mean, you have the dungeon from the module.) Personally I'd love to see Sora Maenya, because she would be perfect for the role, but that's unlikely because she's Eberron. Kyuss could maybe be a contender, from the Age of Worms campaign path and Elder Evils, depending on how they can power scale that? But might be too close to the godly power scale.

I'd name some Dragonlance villains, but they, er. Rights for them would be complicated.