Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
At the moment, Kant sounds too unreliable to be a regular, paid informant. He sounds like the type to brag to others that he's "got protection" and indulge his worst impulses, or use us to get rid of some of his debtors by feeding us false info.

Maybe best to catch him alone, claim we're "internal affairs", he's been under surveillance for a while, say some personal info to him that only such a group would know (summary of his career, his address, kids names etc), and that we know he's looking the other way for some weapon shipments from Half-face, but that, unfortunately for him, those shipments are a lot of trouble, so he's going to keep us informed on Boss Half-face's movements/shipments from now on, unless he wants see his wife and kids shipped off to a penal colony while he goes to the electric chair.

Unfortunately, we don't have the social skills to charm or 'intimidate'. So, I think if we use my earlier idea to comment on the three boys that we tithed into the PDF, a special clearance code etc to verify we're not to be messed with?

Marc revealing she's a telepath could be last resort, but an option if we really need it.
That scans -- he's probably just hired help.

We *might* be able to use our already established covers as members of the Credit Guild -- it would put us outside the "normal" chain of command, so there is no back-channel way Kant could verify our identities. I don't think he's a big enough fish to pull in the Rogue Trader's or a noble's assistance, which is a plus in our favor.

I would think a bit of the carrot and stick would work in our favor here. Leave him enough daylight to have hope, which would keep him on the hook.

Beyond that, I like your plan.