Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
That scans -- he's probably just hired help.

We *might* be able to use our already established covers as members of the Credit Guild -- it would put us outside the "normal" chain of command, so there is no back-channel way Kant could verify our identities. I don't think he's a big enough fish to pull in the Rogue Trader's or a noble's assistance, which is a plus in our favor.

I would think a bit of the carrot and stick would work in our favor here. Leave him enough daylight to have hope, which would keep him on the hook.

Beyond that, I like your plan.

The carrot we could offer is forgiving/forgetting, his prior crimes. He cooperates and we take down half-face, his misdeeds are forgotten. Or, wife/kids off to penal colony, and he gets a hot date with Ol' Sparky.

Using our Credit Guild covers could work, though we'd have to be surreptitious about it. No striding about in golden robes. Probably just flashing ID's and saying we're following up some irregulates in the wake of Lord Drimmle's death, and Kant's name has arisen with concerning regularity, and checking some other sources and collaborating with internal affairs has produced a disturbing accusation well-furnished with evidence: that Kant has been helping Boss Half-Face smuggle dangerous weapons into the Mid-hive.

Think that'd work?