Quote Originally Posted by OOTS_Rules. View Post
I don't know if I should stay on the track of the "How-it-should-be" fighter after level 12 (When I get all the feats that I want), or if I should multiclass to Paladin at that level. Can somebody help me with that?
To be honest, 12 is a lot more levels of fighter than most people take, so you're already off in, not uncharted, but certainly sparsely populated territory already.

Multiclassing to paladin...meh. Seriously, unless it's for purely character reasons, there doesn't seem much point to it at all, and it doesn't seem like it is based on the way you phrased the OP.

Paladin abilities are pretty nifty at the level you get them when going straight through paladin from lvl 1. After that, the relative niftiness compared to what the other characters in the group get decreases almost expotentially.

And the downside is that you'd still have to obey all the RP restrictions paladins have, as well as deal with the multiple ability dependency that they have without the benefit of knowing you were going into the paladin class at character creation.

To put it bluntly, unless PRCs are flatly disallowed, you have nearly a 100% chance of finding a prestige class that can improve your character meaningfully and stay within comfortable roleplaying distance with just access to the completes. Getting stuck with just DMG, wizard's free material off their site, and homebrew decreases that percentage, but it's still pretty good.