Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
Hi there, it's me again...

Remember my problem? With that girl I love but who seemed to be playing with my feelings?

Well, she's having some troubles right now... her ex has been looking for her lately and she's still moved by him, and she's having some problems with my friend, his boyfriend. They are about to break up, she's tired of him (and there's the ex issue, but that's another tale...) and all I can think right now is why the heck is she still thinking of that jerk... He made her cry so many times and yet she still cares for him... Why can't she think of me either? What makes him better than me?

I'm really frustrated right now about that. Somehow I'm going to make her forget about him. He doesn't deserve someone like her. Perhaps I can't make her love me, but it's not fair that being people that care for her she is still thinking of that idiot.
I realise this is a fairly simplistic explanation, but I suggest you read up onThe Ladder Theory. I had exactly the same problem you are having a few years ago, and this theory, as cynical as it seems, really made a lot of sense to me when I read it. It's not that he's better than you; he sounds like a bastard. But his bastardness probably only makes him more attractive to the girl in question, not less so. Happy reading.