Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zentei View Post
Well I'd agree if we're overhauling the system that much, a customizable skills and saves system would be ideal. Of course, it would be possible to cheeze on min/maxing, though with careful design, that could at least be migitated or would render such character less versatile.

I was at one point thinking about the possibilities of a GURPS style d20 system with full customization, though arguably it's a bit beyond the scope of this thread.

Basically, my idea was that you gained nothing but points on advancing a level, and BAB, hit points, skills, feats, etc were all bought with these points (1 Feat = usually 4 skill points, due to the many feats that give +2 to two skills (though more powerful ones might be more expensive), +1 BAB = 1 Feat = 4 skill points (due to Weapon Focus), +1 save = 2 skill points (since we have Feats that give +2 to save, and the feat costs 4 points), hit points = 1 point each, etc). There were simple restrictions on how much you could spend on each category per level, and there were prerequisites for the more fancy stuff. Never got round to finishing it, though.
Ah yes. well there is a proposal like that knocking about the Wizards Boards...

It's actually an old concept, first implemented for D&D in Skills and Powers via Character points. It's absolutely the way forward.
Quote Originally Posted by Catch
Here's a simpler Fighter fix: Play a Warblade.
No thanks.