View Single Post

Thread: How would YOU conquer Hell?

1. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: *N/A*

Ok, I think I can do this...

PC 1: Warblade 15/BloodStorm Blade 10. Important grabs: Point-Blank Shot, Far Shot, Distant Shot, Blood in the Water.

PCs 2-4: As high CHA as possible, Leadership, Epic Leadership, Legendary Commander, make at least 1 of them a Sorcerer with the needed spells to get to/from Baator.

Gear: Lets say PC 1 is using a +1 Keen Falchion for this little adventure, along with whatever armor and gear would be needed to survive in the hells. PCs 2-4 have similar survival gear, and have scrolls of (Greater) Planeshift and Greater teleport.

How it works:
    PCs 2-4 gather all of their followers onto a nice featureless plane/plain, such that PC 1 is able to see all of them. PC 1 activates his Blood in the Water stance if he hasn't already, then next turn, uses a swift action to activate Thunderous Throw, then uses a Full-round action to use Blade Storm, attacking ALL of PCs 2-4's followers for nonlethal damage. Since the vast majority of these followers are level 1, odds are PC 1 is only missing on a one. His threat range is 15-20, and on confirm rolls, he is similarly only missing on a one, meaning there is a 23.75% chance that any given attack is a critical hit, if my math is correct. If the leadership score of the other PCs is only 30, that makes 9000 first level followers, and an average of 2137.5 crits. Thanks to Blood in the Water, each of these crits has given PC 1 a stacking untyped +1 bonus to attack and damage, that will last until a minute passes without PC 1 landing a crit. At this point, they Planeshift into Baator, and start moving as quickly as possible towards the first target, pausing at regular intervals for PC 1 to ginsu up some Devils and maintain the BitW bonus. This continues until he can see one of the primary targets, at which point he unleashes full attacks until an attack hits and most probably vaporizes the victim. Repeat as needed. If the BitW bonus is lost, return to the followers and make another masswhack at them for nonlethal.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2007-07-01 at 09:10 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.