View Single Post

Thread: Elemental Dragons

1. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Elemental Dragons (MitP)

Quote Originally Posted by NakedCelt View Post
    Meh, don't like extra tacked-on elements much. I mean, doesn't fire already produce light? The only "extra" classical element was quintessence, which was considered to be a total mystery since it didn't exist on earth.

I also think it's a bit lacking in imagination to have secondary elements like "magma". If I was creating a secondary element system, it'd go something like this:

Air + Earth: not allowed — the two elements are opposed
    Air + Fire: Lightning (because it's like fire from the sky)
    Air + Water: Cold (because both wind and water chill you)
    Earth + Fire: Metal (because you get metal by smelting rocks in fire)
    Earth + Water: Wood (because plants grow when you water the soil)
    Fire + Water: not allowed — the two elements are opposed

Could use some tweaking, but that makes more sense to me than "magma, mud, smoke, fog," and whatever.
    actually, it's light, the energy. Light are positive energy (and laser) and Dark are negative energy (just use your imagination).
    Opposed elements can create secondary elementals, but that's your choise, i guess. Oh, and it's not every 'rock on fire' that produces metal (they let the metal dragons as sub-races of earth dragons), and 'wood' it's not an element, it's a life form (well, not exactly, but you got the picture), and air+fire are explosion, of course ^^.

Not that's a complain, but their vision. Also, acording to the book, there is an near-infinity types of elemental dragons.

-------------
    oopps! looked past that image, sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMcDee View Post
    I always quite liked this interpretation.
    Last edited by Arakune; 2007-07-25 at 07:33 AM.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!