Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
Which is the hard part, for me...but I also understand that I can't just keep bouncing back and hoping that THIS TIME it'll turn out for the best. That's why I'm not going to let myself dwell on it anymore....It'll take a while to figure out how to be friends with him without feeling that way...I don't want to erase him from my life but I want to be able to look at his picture without regret.
It will take a while, but it will happen.

A couple of years ago (6 to be precise), when I was finishing up my PhD (Chemistry), my girlfriend went to Italy for a year. I dropped some big $$$ to go to see her for christmas/new years. My first christmas/NY ever not with my mother.

Anyways, about 1 month after I get back, I get an international Dear Marcel call. It took me about 2 years to get over the feeling of my heart being broken when I would think about her, look at something that she had given me or something like that.

(Ok I'm setting my goals pretty high for this early, but I need to do SOMETHING...)
If you never aim for the stars, I can guarantee that you will never hit the moon.