View Single Post

Thread: Class Popularity (NOT power!)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Class Popularity (NOT power!)

Plenty of arguments abound about class power, but what do you actually find fun to play? e.g. what is your favorite Core class, favorite other base class, fave prestige class, etc? What do you dream of playing but never got to? Also, what do you think are the most popular classes? I've been surprised by how often I see recruitment threads on here with three and four melee builds being offered.

I don't really have particular favorite classes because I've only played a few so far, but I have a few specific dream characters:

Dragonfire Adept - only got to play this to level 3ish before a party wipe, and half that time we were fighting fiendish monsters so my fire breath did NOTHING. I really want a chance to play this at higher levels.
    Kensai (complete warrior) specializing in two-ended sword - I know TWF is non-optimal, but something about this idea just calls to me as highly Awesome
    Shadowcaster - Love the flavor of this class, love the interesting spell options, hate hate hate the way WoTC made Tome of Magic so underpowered (except a few binder exploits of course). Worst part of shadowcaster is that at levels 1 through 6 you literally have a number of spells per day equal to your level, excluding 0th level.
    Last edited by blue_fenix; 2007-08-09 at 06:38 PM.
    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
    -Dinobot, quoting Hamlet.

Current Characters: