Quote Originally Posted by ag30476 View Post
Except that when she loves two different people then she may be forced to make an impossible choice...
True. I think agonized helpless and pathetic Jillian was struggling with and impossible choice. And that the strong confident and proud Jillian (the one we got the jump cut to) somehow successfully made an impossible choice, and (in my own wishful thinking) chose both.

The transition from a royal to a barbarian might possibly support this, though that's a stretch in my own mind. Jillian had a royal life, she lost that royal life, and had to take up a barbarian life, and found that she liked barbarian life much more than royal life. And though she could potentially, perhaps if Gobwin Knob is defeated, choose to resume royal life, I don't think that she would. You know, no, that doesn't support anything at all. Forget that.

Instead, I'll posit that since her affection for Ansom is in spite of her dislike for his royalness (pomposity? arrogance? resemblence to how she used to life?) her feelings for him are emotionally anchored in spite of an intellectual sureness that it wouldn't work? Think she could convince him to become a barbarian instead of a prince? Think she wants to join him and become a princess again? (oh, it did support something, just not what I thought it did)

But that also ties into the emotional freedom of Jillian anyway. If Jillian can't help her feelings for Ansom, is it really a choice? Was I going somewhere with this? Maybe?