View Single Post

Thread: The Painful Stacking of meta-magic feats

1. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Painful Stacking of meta-magic feats

I've played with replacing the preparation and time requirements for metamagicked spells with using XP/level. 25 xp per level of the original spell per level of the spell increase (with 0 counting as half). A quickened altered self costs 25 *4 (level of spell increase) *2 (level of original spell), or 200 XP to cast. Uses a second level slot, just like the original spell. Even spontaneous casters can make use of it.

It makes all metamagic a potentially costly affair, especially to the level which people throw it around.

Of course, I've also considered switching to the Palladium XP system for D&D. Less combat oriented, more role-playing and solution-oriented way to allocate XP.
    Last edited by MrNexx; 2007-10-21 at 03:40 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    Nexx's Hello
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *"I" is an English pronoun in the nominative case of first person singular. It does not indicate the actions or writings of anyone but the first person, singular.
    *Tataurus, you have three halves as well as a race that doesn't breed. -UglyPanda
    *LVDO ERGO SVM