View Single Post

Thread: Low-level Cleric Advice Thread

1. - Top - End - #11

Default Re: Good Feats for Clerics other than Divinve Metamagic?

Okay, first off, you can't blame your DM for getting rid of Divine Metamagic (it's really abusable). I ban it in my own games, and I allow a pretty high level of power from the players. Heck, CORE ONLY you're already just about the best already. There really isn't any reason for him to have banned the Warlock though

Complete Champion gives a few good options, including things like Touch of Healing (makes out of combat healing more affordable, allowing you to heal allies up to half total hp for free with no limit, AND giving you +1 CL for healing spells), and Holy Warrior (A reserve feat that gives you a bonus to damage based on the level of the spell kept in reserve).

There's also Divine Spell Power (Complete Divine), Power Attack (PHB), Elder Giant Magic (Secrets of Xen'drik), Extra Turning (PHB), Scribe Scroll (PHB), Knowledge Devotion (Complete Champion), Law Devotion (Complete Champion) to name a few. Smiting Spell, Reach Spell, Silent Spell, Quicken Spell, and other metamagics are all useful for obvious reasons.

Extra Turning is really great. Lots of cleric builds take it multiple times. It's very useful when you have things like Law Devotion eating up tons of turns.

Also, DON'T overlook Elder Giant Magic! It will give you +3 CL if you take a couple extra rounds casting, which is great for spells you're casting out of combat.
    Last edited by OneWinged4ngel; 2007-10-29 at 02:26 AM.