Quote Originally Posted by OneWinged4ngel View Post
Well, there ARE good ways to heal IN combat, if you happen to have them... it's just not a totally necessary party role. Healing Belt at low levels, Heal whenever you have it, and Greater Healing Armor Infusion from the artificer at low levels are all great (particularly greater healing armor, clocking in at 6d8+30 hp healing as swift *or free* actions for 50gp at level 3). And of course, all those swift/immediate ones, like Close Wounds.
My compy died while I was responding last night.

Unfortunately, and at the risk of sounding like I just come here to complain, my DM has a poor grasp on the wealth by level rules, such that I can choose between a healing belt or a wand of lesser vigor(at level 3). Further, I'm the only person who wants to play an artificer, and was talked out of that so the party would have more melee characters. Those others I'm totally game for, they're just a bit far off.

I'm slowly going through everything mentioned in this thread to see which ones I like, thanks for everything to everyone, just haven't had the time to say, "oh, hey, yeah, that one is the one for me."