View Single Post

Thread: Low-level Cleric Advice Thread

1. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Good Feats for Clerics other than Divinve Metamagic?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    a High Cha and Great Cleave(age) will get you further
    You should be shot for that pun....several times.

There aren't too many good martial cleric pclasses in Complete Divine. Lots of good caster ones, but not so many martial ones that advance spellcasting. That said, your BAB is irrelivent if you cast Divine Powah, but that shouldn't be an everyday occurance. I don't have Complete Champion, however I hear there is some good stuff in there. Something like Ordained Champion maybe? I haven't actually seen the class, but I hear good things. Worth a look at least.

You'll get more use out of the wand of lesser vigor than the belt of healing, at your level. By the time you run out of charges, you should be high enough level that you can get more wands, or get several belts of healing to trade out and heal ooc with.

As another alternative to either, buy or craft Pearls of Power 1. They are 1000 g each, and you can cast and call back a single lesser vigor multiple times out of combat. Crafting 5 costs 2500g, 100xp and a single week. The DMG says that the CL to craft a PoP is 17 for all of them, but that's just stupid. PoP1s would not exist, because what caster at 17th level is worried about running out of 1st level spells? A good rule of thumb would be the caster level needed to cast a given spell level, (1st for 1st level, 3rd for 2nd level, 5th for 3rd level, etc) or that level +1 or 2 (2nd or 3rd for 1st level, 4th or 5th for 2nd level, etc). (This is houserule territory, but not a HUGE rules rewrite)

The nice thing about PoPs is they use your caster level, so while a wand of lesser vigor would heal 11, a PoP recalled lesser vigor would heal 16 by CL5. Plus, since its a daily renewable resource like spells, you can burn all of your pearls at the end of each day for supplimental healing. You can also hand them out to the wizard or other prepared caster for passing out daily buffs (like Ectoplasmic Armor for +9 AC vs incorp touchs)

As a prepared caster, you can NEVER have too many Pearls of Power. Ever.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2007-10-31 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!