View Single Post

Thread: Mage Killer build

1. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mage Killer build

Quote Originally Posted by CASTLEMIKE View Post
    I disagree, of course they are the rules, the RAW since they are included in the DMG and the SRD explaining exactly how they apply to the item crafting feats.
    This is absolutely wrong.

I suspected as much before, and now my suspicions have been confirmed - if you believe that the magic item creation guidelines are RAW rules, then you aren't as knowledgeable about D&D and how it is actually played as you make yourself out to be.

Please tone down your rhetoric.

Here is what the SRD says on the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Not all items adhere to these formulas directly. The reasons for this are several. First and foremost, these few formulas aren’t enough to truly gauge the exact differences between items. The price of a magic item may be modified based on its actual worth. The formulas only provide a starting point. The pricing of scrolls assumes that, whenever possible, a wizard or cleric created it. Potions and wands follow the formulas exactly. Staffs follow the formulas closely, and other items require at least some judgment calls.
    Last edited by JaxGaret; 2007-11-15 at 10:06 PM.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche